Economics
It's weird actually. I did my econs assignment using php. Actually I'm suppose to use Microsoft Excel to do the calculations then type out in Microsoft Word but I don't have any Microsoft Office installed on my computer (I also didn't know how to use Excel for calculations).
Most of you would be shocked but I have survived without using Microsoft Office for more than 2 years now and I can survive for another 1 semester without. Support open source software! (I'm using OpenOffice.org) So instead of doing double work, calculation using Excel and writing using Word, I decided to combine both and use php.
I inserted the main table into a database, used php to read the data, manipulate it, and write out the documentation as well. Since it's mostly repeatative work, I just copy and paste most of the coding. The documentation I just exported it to pdf file. Nice and simple (although i did need to adjust the page break and stuff)
The conclusion is, to produce a 11 page documentation, 1690 lines of php & html coding is needed. Although most of it is just cut & paste. I'm crazy aren't I?


2 comments:
crazy
yeah.. i am. =P
but it's tedious work u know. so i just made my life easier. since i'm already used to php, what the heck. =)
Post a Comment